Sunday, December 30, 2012

Welcome & food smoking



Welcome to Provender Place!  Here I’d like to share wholesome food, a few of our adventures, our urban gardening, the poultry, and nourishment for the soul. 

Today is cold and the snowflakes are so fat and lazy, they don’t seem to want to fall to the ground, just swirl softly through the air.  So I think this afternoon, after a lunch of beef and veggie stew and a nap, is the perfect time to organize our smoking project for next week.  I have two turkeys, a rack of ribs, some almonds, and some jerky I’d like to smoke.   And anything else interesting you may suggest!  I’ve got a book about smoking and a couple of websites to check out so I can make my ingredient lists for the brines or rubs.  Then I’ll write down the times so that everything can be ready at the same time.

What are some of your favorite smoked foods/ rubs/ techniques?  Oh, and anybody smoked cheese?  That might be another fun one to do. 

2 comments:

  1. hey baby, i've got something for ya!
    http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-horn-of-battle-part-three.html

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot! Thank you!!

    Anyone who loves a good story by a master storyteller should head over there and enjoy a fantastic tale replete with heroes and villians and warring and feasting and all sorts of great stuff. Make sure you grab a good cuppa, turn the phone off, and maybe grab a snack or two before you go though. You might not want to come back for awhile.

    ReplyDelete